Monday, October 8, 2007

So, Did you think I'd died?

Wow! What a time my computer has had! And me, too, for that matter. Things have been really crazy around here and I've been MIA from the Blog world for a while. I've finally gotten my computer worked on and I THINK I may be back in business. (Can you see me crossing my fingers and saying, "I hope."?) Anyway, I'm going to try to get back into the blogging mood. And, I've got some catching up to do with some stamping friends who, I am sure, think I kicked the bucket. My computer died, my house got hit by lightening AGAIN and I lost telephones, answering machine, a tv (dang, it's the one in my den and now if I watch tv out there, about 3/4 of the show shows up in a 19 x 2 inch line. You ever tried to watch Dr. Phil like that? It's a pain.) And, of course, let's not forget about my bum leg. Got it BACK in a cast trying to get the tendons to reattach and to mend some bones that were broken.

I'm out of school for the week, but have some plans. My sister has been having some real medical problems and I'll be spending some time with her while she's in the hospital. Her heart has been going crazy and they ended up having to do surgery last week. They found an aneurysm in her neck (caused by a previous surgery she had last month) and when they opened her up, the aneurysm burst. It was touch and go, but she made it and is slowly recovering. So, I'm off to Macon in a bit to sit with her for the afternoon. Then, on Thursday, I'll be heading back to the doctor myself to "GET MY CAST OFF"! Yeah! I can't wait. So, Thursday night, I'll be soaking in the tub All Night Long! I can't wait! I've missed my tub for so long! One of my favorite things to do is to soak in the tub while I'm watching TV and of course have not been able to do that since this cast has been on. We'll decide on Thursday what the next option is for my foot/leg. My doctor seems to think that I'm hard-headed and am just putting off letting him fix my foot and you know, he's right. It's been a real true-to-life extemely hard/aggravating/painful/clumsy/pain-in-the-butt to try to crawl around on the floor at school hooking up computers with this thing on my leg. But, it is pretty. I tried to get a camouflage cast in honor of Darrell, but they were out of it, so I opted for a pretty light pink. Problem is that our school colors are red and black, so my cast has really not gone with anything I have worn lately. Oh well, a model I am not! So, I'm putting off another foot surgery as long as I can. Maybe next summer will be good so I won't have to worry about work. But, then I'll have to worry about being hot, so maybe it's not such a great idea, after all.
Anyway, I'm back. See y'all soon!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I was worried about you actually! I wondering what was happening. I'm sorry for all that has been going on and I hope you take some time for you and your sister. Hugs and smiles, girlie! ~Lorie

kc_froglady said...

my gosh I am glad to see you posting at least we know you are alive :) Drop a line when you can and I am glad you had a happy birthday!

Karyn