Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yeah! I got to talk to Darrell















Hooray! Darrell and Denise called tonight - even though according to their time, it was 9 o'clock in the morning! LOL. This 13-hour difference is going to be fun to keep up with. But, I don't care what time it is -- when he gets a chance to call, I'll talk! He and Denise had gone and taken their driving tests and they were trying to get a few things straightened up. They got their house and will be moving in tomorrow. They have a park right behind the house and it's in walking distance to the school where the boys will go. That will be great for them. Their car won't be there till sometime in September, but Denise said the taxis and the bus are working fine for them when they need to go somewhere.
They all went up to Camp Casey one day to see where Darrell will be working and took the neatest bus up there. Darrell was telling me that it's $5.00 per person for the bus from Yongsan to Camp Casey (about 2 hours away). Now, how many of us can hop on a Grayhound for a two-hour trip and only pay $5.00? Quite a deal, huh? And the bus is so cool looking -- I told him that the pictures of it look like some type of "French Hoor Bus" -- so colorful with curtains on the windows. Check out the picture of the bus. Fancy, huh?
Denise got to talk to Ranger, so I think it made her a little less worried about how he's doing. And it was so cute to watch him as I put the phone to his ear and let him hear his Mommy. When I put the phone to Lex's ear, he got all excited and ran around the coffee table and then went to the back door and sat. It almost made me a bit weepy to see him do that.
Once they get settled in their house, Darrell will be leaving to report in at Camp Casey and will be out in the field until sometime toward the end of August. Guess he's back in the real Army now, huh? I think the year of schooling at Ft. Leavenworth kind of got him out of the "field habit". He complains about being out there for so long, but in reality, he's excited, I think.
Been rambling a bit, but that's kind of how our conversation went. Life as usual, huh? Now that I've finally gotten to talk to them, I think I'll head to the tub and soak for a while and then go to bed. Going to Macon in the morning and I'm certainly not used to getting up early. It's going to KILL me to go back to work on Friday. Wonder if they'll let me change my hours to go in around noon? Think it's worth a try in asking?
The pictures are from their trip from Yongsan to Camp Casey. There's a beautiful picture of the mountains with the morning mist, a tire store in Seoul (need a tire?), some high-rise apartment buildings, the fancy $5 bus, and one of the street corners in Seoul.

1 comment:

DoxieGirl said...

Oh wow!!! I just read through all of your posts and it gives me the tingles... I don't think I'm over the DC trip yet and now I think I could fly to Korea!!! Hmmm... yea right! LOL
Your grandbabies look just like their daddy in the picture of the "French" bus! It's so sweet! Please say thank you to him and his family! They'll be in my thoughts!
~Kendra