Friday, October 12, 2007

I give up!

Well, yesterday was a good day, kinda, sorta. It was my birthday yesterday, so that was good. But then, Ashley and I had to get ready to take the dogs to the groomer and to the vet. Lex, 90 pound bull dog; Ranger 12 pound Maltese; Bella 3 pound crazy Chihuahua. Lex and Ranger were good. They understand the concept of leashes and following commands. Bella is like a fighting marlin on a leash. Finally give up on her and just carry her. Of couse, Ashley had said that we ought to put her in the carrier and I said there was no need. HaHa. We get in the truck and start out. Lex is trying to get comfortable in the back seat of the truck and keeps getting up and laying back down. Each time he does that Bella goes crazy. Ranger just wants to be held. Bella then decides that she must ride behind my neck. But, remember, each time Lex moves, Bella goes crazy. We finally get to the groomers which is attached to the vets and there are 400 people with their dogs walking around in the parking lot. Well, maybe not 400 people -- maybe it was 30. But, it was a LOT of people and a LOT of animals. I try to hold Lex back and Ranger just wants to bark and Bella wants DOWN NOW. We finally make it INSIDE the groomers. Thank goodness we are behind closed doors. After the groomer takes the dogs, we go next door to the vet to let them know what to do with the dogs. Another hour to sit and wait and to top it off, I had made a huge boo-boo. That was the first time at that vet and I, evidently, didn't know the rules. I had walked to the door and opened it and walked in. Well, it was before 9 and they don't open till 9 and you are not allowed inside until 9. (Well, why'd they have the darn door unlocked before 9?) Anyway, when I walked in, so did 20 other people. FINALLY, someone came out to the counter and asked how I had gotten in. I said, "I walked in." And, then I got the lecture about not being allowed in until 9 and all that other stuff. And, to make matters worse, I had not signed the sheet OUTSIDE. See, this vet works on a first-come, first-served basis. I found out that they put the sign-in sheet outside at NIGHT and people come all during the night to sign-in. Well, even though I'd been there for an hour or more, I HAD NOT SIGNED IN so I had to wait for all those other people to be seen before he would even talk to me about what I wanted done. FINALLY, I got to tell them what to do when the dogs were finished at the groomers and Ashley and I left to go back to Milledgeville (did I mention that the vet was in another town?) to get some groceries and take them home before it was time for my doctor's appointment. But, that was good. Food in the house and then I GOT MY CAST OFF! WOO-HOO-YIPPEE-YAY. I now have to just let him know when I want the surgery done to my foot. (Not yet, that's for sure!) Then, after the doctor's appointment, we headed BACK to Gordon to pick up the dogs. They were beautiful -- Ranger had a short, short, short haircut and is so cute. They all had on their halloween scarves. Now, it's time to go back and sit and wait to talk to the doctor. Lex had to have two shots -- allergy and an anitbiotic. Time to pay -- dang! And this doctor is known to be VERY reasonable! After I removed my right arm to pay him, we loaded the dogs back up and headed BACK to Milledgeville. I had to take Ashley into her mom's work so they could attend a wedding shower immediately after work. Then, I took the dogs home. Got them inside and did a couple of household chores and then I got in the tub at 5 and at 7:30 when Gina called, I was still in the tub. It was wonderful! I have not been able to get in the tub for a month and I'm known for living in the tub. So, you can imagine how happy I was. Lex, Ranger, and Bella made themselves at home in the bathroom while I soaked, let the water out, filled the tub back up, soaked some more, let the water out, filled the tub back up and soaked some more.

THEN....................................

Have you ever had one of those days when you know you should have just gone back to bed? Well, the last 6 months have been like that for me and today was no different. I woke up this morning and found out I have a stopped up sewage line. (Wonder if all the baths last night had anything to do with it?) The plumber is on the way. What else can happen? I am so-o-o-o-o sick of this house. Where the heck is that old, sick, rich man that was supposed to be here to take me away from all of this junk? Did HIS truck break down, too?

So, I have a zillion clothes to wash before going back to school on Monday, my cast is off and I SHOULD be able to soak in the tub today, and MY DARN PLUMBING IS BACKING UP ON ME. I GIVE UP! DO YOU HEAR ME? I FLAT GIVE UP!

Have a good day. (Ooh, I feel like Melinda from American Idol saying that!)

No comments: