Sunday, November 18, 2007

A little early thanksgiving thought

I've been sitting here this morning thinking about my children. Aren't we lucky to have them? I am so thankful for mine. My son, Darrell, is the best son any mom could have. I must admit, though, there were a couple of years when I really didn't like him a whole lot. 13 - 14 were tough years for us. I guess he was busy trying to figure out how he wanted to act and he wasn't real successful at times. But, once he got things figured out, he became a really caring person. He's tough, (I guess that's what a soldier has to be, right) but he has a heart of gold. God truly blessed me when he sent me Darrell. My daughter, Marti, is a jewel. I laugh when I think about her growing up. I used to say that if I just got her dressed and put her on the bus, she would bring home an A. Marti has always been a hard worker and I always knew she'd be a wonderful woman. Marti's an Occupational Therapist and has such a good heart and really cares about her patients. Gina, my youngest, has always been my social butterfly. Give her an opportunity to have fun and she will go at it 100%. She has really surprised me, though, in the past 10 years. Although she still loves to have a blast, she has turned into such a responsible person. She is truly admired at her job at our local college and is always willing to go that extra mile to help someone. I am truly blessed that God gave me these three souls to be my children. Thank you for being there for me, kids. I truly love you.

No comments: