Monday, April 23, 2007

What a wonderful day

I had a most pleasant surprise yesterday. A dear friend that I used to teach with contacted me yesterday after about 5 years of no contact. I had moved from the town where we taught together and we stayed in touch for several years. Then, all of a sudden, she was gone and I haven't been able to find her. Finally, she found me and called. What a wonderful surprise to get to talk to her after all this time. Deanna is such a wonderful person who has had many rough spots in her life, but you know what? She's still the same lovable, funny, witty, crazy, dear friend that I remembered. For all of you who are not in contact with old friends, do whatever you have to do to find them again. Friends are what the world is about.

Thank you, Deanna, for finding me. Thank you for being my friend.

No comments: