Sunday, April 29, 2007

Scrapped Clock for my daughter


What fun I have had working on this clock! There is a field down the road from my house that is just beautiful each year. It's about a 20 acre field that is covered in the most beautiful purple verbena that you've ever seen. Last year, my daughter, Gina, and her daughter, Ashley, went and had pictures taken in the field. I've spent the last year trying to figure out what to do with some of the pictures and I finally decided to make a clock for her using a couple of the pictures. Tomorrow is her 33rd birthday and I can't wait to give her the clock.
Stamp Sets Used: Polka Dots & Paisley, So Very.
Cardstock Used: Perfect Plum, Basic Black, and a Designer Paper that I can't remember the name of and can't find a picture of -- someone help me if you recognize it.
Accessories Used: SU Oval Punches, Circle Punches, Spring Flower Bouquet Punch, White Signo Gel Pen, Silk Flower, clock mechanism.
The clock was done on a 14" square artist canvas that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $8.00. And of course, they don't have them anymore -- story of my life! The canvas was painted with a Camel-colored Acrylic paint and then dry brushed with a Moss and a Mint shade of green. After drying, I layered the DS paper and the perfect plum paper and then placed the pictures that had been bordered with Basic Black CS. The clock was really fun to make and easy, too, once I decided exactly what I wanted to do.

No comments: