Saturday, June 23, 2007

Just a few more days......

and my son and his family will be off for a two-year tour of duty in Korea. Oh, how I'll miss them! They are down in south Georgia right now visiting family and saying their good-byes there, but will be back here tomorrow for another big send-off party. I'm really excited, and sad, too, about tomorrow. We have rented the club house and pool at a local RV campground and are planning a big cookout and family get together. My sisters and their families will be there so that we can say good-bye to Darrell, Denise, Nic, Jake, and Ryan. I'm sure that we'll have a great time, but these good-byes are really tough. I'm so very proud of Darrell, though. He has always been a great son, but the older he gets, the more loving he becomes. Oh, what would I do without him?
I'm proud to say that he's a good husband to Denise and a super dad to "the Boyz". I'm excited for Nic, Jake, and Ryan. They are old enough now to be able to remember this time they will spend in Korea. I'm sure it will be a real adventure for them. And for Denise, too. Darrell will be at Camp Casey and Denise and the boys will be living in Seoul. Darrell will get to go to Seoul a couple of times a month to see them. So, it will kind of be like she's a single military mom, but with occasional visits from Dad. This will be very different for the boys. They have never had Darrell gone for such long periods of time before.
I'll make sure I get some pictures taken and posted of all the fun we have tomorrow.

No comments: